Sunday, August 21, 2011

Another Shot...

A year goes by, and no posts. How distracted we all become with the constant stream of madness that bombards our senses. I have spent the last year reorganizing my life- a new job that has taken me out of the corporate rat race and placed me on its periphery. I have focused on learning, and in some cases, re-learning some very basic skills that I know one day will be absolutely needed, no longer novelty. I have perfected my gardening, learned to sprout new life, located a large tract of land that I will soon purchase. My goal is to post at least one time here daily, even if its for random musings.

I had a great conversation with my mother on her visit this weekend- a woman who is very tuned in... she too sees a bleak future. We have rammed civilization into a unsustainable position- very little we have is sustainable- most of it artifically created or dependent on resouces that are undeniably being depleted very rapdily. The economy- what a sham... debt-based economy using fiat currency, with future obligations so large that there is really no statistical way to honor them. The environment-- massive polution (GoM/BP, Fukushima, North Sea, droughts, depleted top soil, famine). The culture- a wasteland of consumerism and lack of responsibility.

Be prepared, the motto of the Boy Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment