Saturday, March 27, 2010

Civil Disobedience (Thoreau 1849)

This gem by Thoreau, although born of another time, is still applicable in many respects today. Like this quote: "How does it become a man to behave toward this American government today? I answered that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." Another of my favorites: "I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have." Read the whole text here.

Preparation during the current turbulence and rapidly approaching mess extends beyond mere purchasing of tangible assets (although those actions are critical), you must also temper your mind. This is the first post of many that I hope to be helpful to the community of individuals making haste to prepare mentally for the Wasteland.


-CP

No comments:

Post a Comment